Friday, June 27, 2008

D, A, F#m, Bm. -capo 5-

I'll come home this evening, buzzed.
Just like Kimberly from the Sangria.
And you will ignore that obvious fact
because you know how badly I want to meet you.
I'm giving up running because of the pain
and the loneliness that it keeps bringing.
But that doesn't mean that the sport will be sad,
we made a deal,
and it knows I'll be singing about it.
And this will be life, and oh how I will try.

So it turns out you don't like me as much as the sea that always breathes freely.
But that's not my fault,
I've been wired to vault up my feelings like an old hollow oak tree.
This will be life, eventually.
This will be life, and oh how I'll try this time.

I guess I'll stay out eating all of the grapes
from the sangria pitcher this evening.
If you think the sea's got me
because of it's breathing,
then I guess you just need some reading.
I've got love in my life, I've got friends on my streets,
and eventually I'll stop the bleeding.

And then I can try to revive this young life,
find a bride, and take courses on breathing.

1 comment:

bright young thing said...

I love it! But {no offence} had to change my layout, seeing as we picked THE SAME EXACT ONE!!