Monday, October 27, 2008

find a home

















The choices we make don't seem to go to rest in our heads
and the lies we tell ourselves don't let us sleep in our beds
there is pain in every day, there's hurt in every smile.
smiling isn't always worth all of the memories it revives
find a home

i'm a good friend of yours, so i'll always have your back
and i always have some extra granola bars buried in my knapsack
i can't see where i am going, and it hasn't started snowing yet
maybe i'd be a little bit warmer if all of my insides weren't showing
maybe i'd be a little bit warmer if my love for life would start growing
instead of fading away like conversations at the end of the day
when there's nothing left to say, we just lie awake
and we find a home

the rainclouds spot me and then they drop it all on me
i ask my friends if they've got me and most of them walk away
we get drunk and start falling
i find a phone and start calling myself
trying to remember the things that i used to say
when i had a home
the things i used to say when i had a home

No comments: