Wednesday, February 25, 2009

//

















































big blankets on a chilly night, snuggle tight
on both sides of my tiny body
i speak in rhythms but i don't know
at all what they mean to me

i remember things i want to forget
don't let that become me

cry tears of rain that never quite
materialize, salty like the water
that got in your eyes
when we spoke beneath waves

that day on the rocks, you were me
and i was you
i know it as the one time
we told the truth

come closer to me if you're not afraid
i'll touch your soft cheeks
empty from creativity

so what, i speak in rhyme sometimes
only because we need to touch the past
it's not enough going forward, i like
going back

oh, we go too fast
don't let that become me

i keep waking up each day
keep crawling out of bed
because when you stop doing that, you're dead
and the world will turn in circles
the world will turn in waves
so perhaps our times will touch again someday

No comments: