Wednesday, April 8, 2009

nature.

a violation of nature, but you are my nature.
i bow out of fights. turn on the red lights. turn on the sun overhead.
i am no warrior. i am no man.
i drew some water from the lake, poured it out for you.
a desecration of the soil, but you are my soil.
i step out of time. turn back our clocks. turn on the sun overhead.
and the grass will grow beneath our small feet.

-------------------

in my head, i go out walking with the surf,
the water crawling in to my bones,
bringing this dried out figure back to life.

my days here hold no number,
dawns and dusks colliding over pavement.
in my head, it is always raining,
i turn my face to the sky, and hold you close.
i open my eyes to find you’ve slid away,
lightly running towards the horizon.

i want to chase you, find you in the shadows.
but my feet won’t leave the ground.
and my throat won’t make a sound.

in my head, I wade in to the flood.
empty, head to toe. let go.
a man floating away with no blood.

---------------------

give your heart away to those who will take it.
give your life away to the wind.

No comments: