Saturday, May 2, 2009

may.

well, you killed me with your kiss,
and now i can find a way out of this.
i feel like now that i've met you,
i can die happy.
if you promise never to leave me,
then i will never leave you again.


-------------------

i met a girl on a good tuesday
in late april, approaching may.
i got so drunk i don't know what i said.
i had to hold my face together.

cuz she could change my life just like the weather.

lean in, don't make me shout.
i know i don't make much sense,
but i mean well.
and i burnt my fingers when i put that candle out.
and i owe her fifteen dollars and a subway token now.

but she might never know the way i would treat her.
alison.

i apologize for my behaviour.
i've been searching these spring skies,
looking for a savior.
and i may have found one now but i can't stay.
i've gotta hope for another good tuesday.

while i hold my face together,
cuz she could change my life just like the weather.

------------------------------

when i first saw you, i thought
i'd seen you before in my head
in my head

your laugh penetrates my shell,
every minute i spend away from you
just feels like hell

when you smile at me,
i feel alive again, it's not possible
but i'm alive again

when i first touched you, i knew
i'd touched you before in my head
in my head

(while you live in my head, i want to live in your bed)

----------------------

words are so easy, but this gets so hard.
i've got stones in my shoes,
i'm soft but i'm scarred.
and your eyes are the blue of a slow rainy day.
yeah, your eyes are the sea that's gonna take me away
from here. i can't think clear
without you,
and i know i can get silly, but everything i say is true.
so i make it simple.
five four three two, one
is the number of girls i want to kiss.
and one is the number of girls i will miss,
when i'm living in nowhere and nothingness.
so don't forget me.

writing is easy, but talking gets hard.

like a pale summer blue,
i'm soft but i'm marked by you.
i hope i've marked you too.



No comments: