Friday, August 14, 2009

how we used to be.

i could live in hope, just so you know.
sometimes i think you're a joke,
but then i realize that i don't own these skies,
and i don't know these eyes around me,
and you're so beautiful,
that i must be the joke, i'm singing,
aahaaa

come on girl, drive me to the nearest town,
where some old-fashion reggae beats are still around.
my mind is so tired of working on itself,
my passion's underground.

and it's written all over your face,
that you miss that quiet little place we had on the bay,
of which now there's not a trace,
but it's okay,
because i can still come hear you sing.
aahaaa

oh, this morning i'm out here,
eating warm banana muffins in the presence of last year.
it's terrible.
all the things i used to be,
and all the people i don't want to remember or see,
they are right here.
singing at me,
aahaaa

do you remember when we were young?
how the concrete hated the sun?
because i do.

i want to live a simple life,
i promise i'm still fun,
and so are you, just so you know.

do you remember how we used to be?
well, that's me in that photograph singing,
aahaaa

No comments: