Sunday, December 27, 2009

say something.

you cannot be me.
your words are empty,
like my pint glass..
a crowded bar. i pound
you down like change on the counter.
i ask for another.
the glass comes full,
spilling onto my hand.
and i swallow you whole.
your clichés pollute my mind,
dating my girl, speaking
boring rhymes into my ear.
i have heard you, seen you,
destroyed you before.
soft like a peach,
my lion teeth see you. juicy, juice.
pretending sweetness.
cocky like a boxer,
dancing around like you own the place,
some place.
what do you own?
i made room for you, child.
come down from your throne and stand before me.
you are either too frightened,
or too ignorant to see
that you are dragging from my coat.
unoriginal.
you will not be me.
i have left the world you speak from,
and refuse to glance back for your
tired, arrogant existence.

No comments: