Sunday, November 23, 2008

***

'this is our field'

we'll meet here, in this field

if you come here you will find me

i'll be waiting for you

don't ask me why


well i can spot your black hair from across the square

so stand still, don't move, i'll come and find you there

and you can save your smiles in our black cloth bag
s
we'll find old shirts and rip out all of the tags

it's cold when i move but i can't stand still

i think i left my courage at the crest of this hill

so come climb it with me and tell the birds to follow

because without you by my side for this my body just feels hollow


this will be our field, and these will be our flowers

i'll be waiting here for you

if you can find this spot,
then you'll find me here
when everything turns dark


----------------------------------------------------

'cold'

i'm through my door, and the sun's just up
i left my warmth in a plastic cup
when i was six and now i feel old
i wait for the light to come between the trees
because my body is cold
but that won't change, i'll feel cold all day

if we spoke now, i would say be patient
but talking now doesn't make any sense
when i was twelve i had a crush on a girl
i didn't know that if she meant the world to me
then she could take the whole world
and she took the whole world
and i will never feel the same again

they walk a little bit ahead of me
on this hill, the cutest pair i've ever seen
but they're in my head because my eyes are closed
it's so early in the morning i think my mind just froze
for a moment, but i'll wake and get through this day
just like the one before it
it's so damn cold
and i won't ever be the same again


No comments: