Tuesday, November 4, 2008

tommy looks to the future




















my rhymes are few but they're all i can do these days
find these shadows homes, find new ways out of this maze

i am for you and all you will do
with or without me
i am for sunshine, i am for rain
i am for those who have gone, and those who have come in their stead
i am for the lonely, and for the ones in love

forgive me if i'm out of touch
i've battled my heart for 56 rounds and i can no longer hear a sound
except for the beating
my body's retreating
from these fleeting thoughts
of the peaceful future
of quiet docks

perhaps this is love with you
perhaps this is just a sneak preview
you want songs, well i'll give them to you
you want smiles, i've got a few left in me

a break from the everyday, a couple things i gotta say
i dropped a needle in the hay, and found it on the next day
i'd like to tell you i'm all better
but i can't say that right now
i'd like to fly off like a feather
but i can't do that just now
but i promise you that i'm the boy you knew
just growing up somehow
i promise you i'm the boy you knew
and i'll prove it to you somehow

i want to one day deserve you again
like a paper deserves a good pen
i hope someday i deserve you again
so i can make now more like then

stack your love like kindling to dry
and place it on my dying flame
we'll burn forever

gather your stones to skip in to the sea
and lay them on my beach
we'll toss them together

let's make up forever

No comments: