Thursday, December 4, 2008

(0)

a beginning is no easy thing
forfeit your previous words to the wind
and choose a day to fly

martin hill was crying in the rain
but i climbed him and he sang again
we slid down together
i fell down alone

a beginning beats inside me
surrender what you think you are
and choose a man to be
from this day forth


-------------------------------


there's a yellow sunflower
within my naked heart
a massive piece of love
that never knows where to stop

and you can give me water
and face me to the light
my muscles don't have strength for this
type of full on life

i'm not pretending to be anything
i'm not holding back
if there's a yellow sunflower in me
then it's the courage that i lack

yeah i can't see my shadow walking into the sun
but i know that it's hanging on me
and i feel that i've come
to a place of older age stepping away from the cages
of a linear path to the lives that you're all making
i'm not making anything
i've never faked anything
if i'm sad i'm gonna tell you in the songs that i sing
and if the words don't come then i won't bother you
finding small things to be happy about
that's all i ever do

julia said i had a massive sunflower in me
but up till now i haven't seen a single thing as pretty
as a day in bed with my weary head
when i can pretend that the world's just playing with me


---------------------------------------



a shame that just comes over me
this town just walks all over me
i'd like to feel the cold breeze
below my sweaters and my t-shirts
it's so bad it hurts
i'm so sad it hurts

and mondays don't feel like loving me
i get a big bear hug and a cup of tea
i'm just so ashamed that i don't want to see me
just need to be free of this feeling
want to be free of this

i look at the ceiling
i've gotta break this feeling


---------------------------------------------


banana loaf, my dear
you know i will be right here
and i know when to fear
no i will not interfere

banana loaf, my dear
don't say you don't want it
i made all this just for you
don't say you don't like it

oooooo

banana loaf, my dear
you know that i'm right here
i am just a step away
any day, any day, any day

oooooo

oooooo, my banana loaf


------------------------------


what happened to that sweet young girl
who laughed at all my jokes?
you used to talk to me, think the world of me,
and now you simply don't.


-----------------------------------------



a strange kind of sickness that doesn't go away
my days are cold, and every one the same
i fight, though i'm not a fighter
no i'm not a fighter

i watch all the colours that once graced my walks
and fed into my lines
as they quietly fade to grey
don't you ever say my name

a strange kind of sickness that doesn't go away
and it's harsh to the touch, it's hard to take
this sickness eats at me whenever i wake
every time i awake

don't you dare say my name
i'm not the one that came to you
and brought that sickness
you brought the sickness

No comments: