Thursday, December 11, 2008

while listening to Loveless

hearts follow lights out into the cold
burning from the painful sadness
we find it hard to explain
i would settle for a kind of blindness
i find it hard to explain
we hold hands, we stumble toward nowhere
get fucked up in the snow
staring through each other
as if we have somewhere to go

------------------------

i am a new hurt.
innovating, unexplaining.
together we can break this down.
oh, am i on my own?

i am a new kind of dumb,
surrendering what i could have become.
together we can find ourselves,
alone i walk in circles.

i am a new hurt,
impossibly discreet.
i live in silence from this rage.
i build my own cage.

--------------------------------

touch me gently
i'm going away for awhile
i don't know who i am
such a fucking loss
don't know if i will come back
never been so lost

---------------------------------

if you're drunk on failure,
raise your glass into the ceiling above.
what else can you do?
rebuilding takes too much you don't have.
what else can you do?

a kind boy, a smart boy.
i twist and turn into this empty space.
the pieces never fit where they should.
raise your glass,
make everything taste good.

--------------------------------

a wimpy fury
i'm gonna need to bury most of what i had
it has left me
my inner demons stone me
from the sidelines
laughing
i have left me
they are still here

---------------------------

the lake is my day, i tuck it away
below the dark water, blind from the light.
give it all a rest, we can get so uptight.
but the sunset knows me, says it's gonna be fine.
these sunsets save my day.
this kinda light guides my way.

the lake is my day, i hide it away
below the dark water, i'm blind from the light.
give myself a rest, i can get so uptight.
but the sunset sees me, says it's gonna be fine
when i rise.
you will see again. when i rise.

No comments: