Tuesday, January 13, 2009

the last song i wrote for gwyneth



you had my future in your eyes, child
you had more than you knew
the dock could have turned, put us in the lake
with my arms wrapped close around you
when i'm low and in my darkest spot
i will walk and breathe your kiss
on this endless surf of my stolen time
i took at shot at you, and missed

i am no man, i am nothing
some day that will change
either that, or i will die tomorrow
in a quiet and private rage
you will think of me, how i pushed too hard
i leave every silence unfilled
for you, i will write - in my head, my whole life
time moves when i want to stand still

how romantic, my laughing tortured soul
in the mirror i know it's mine
and you're a frozen black hole
absorbing all of these helpless rhymes
if this is the last song i write for you
i hope it makes it in time
to save you from a loveless love
to save you from that crime





No comments: