Tuesday, November 17, 2009

the fool.

1*
over and over and under, and over. overt your eyes, lend me your mouth. your breath is my breath, and it is in my way. you joker. type your emotions, hold on. i can hear a song in your chest when the music fades out. i can hear a bird. fuck the rest. you joker. yesterday we were a trifling pair, duo, trouble on the hills, a horizon of no fortune. and now we are trying to be something. the makings of a something. chairs and essays and grading schemes. evaluation, and trying too hard... and dreams. so many small momentary dreams that i can't remember them all, and i shouldn't. don't get your hope up, little one. don't cling to a hope. because if you care then you can lose, and only winners sleep well.

2*
insert myself into a letter, and
send it to you, half way around
the earth, marching forward in
your shadows. so that you
will never be without the love and support you deserve.
'go with your gut' you tell me.
my gut is a fool for your
imaginary emotions, it will
always want to be near you.
yearning.
so i tune out my gut,
and drone into a loveless future.

3*
come come go go fall.
as children we got dirty, played in the sand.
now i wash my hands. now i am boring.
will you still run into cold water?
will you be me if i become someone else?
because i don't want to die.
in in out out fail.
i would fall if it meant your ascent.
your attention is the be all end, all
i need is what i had once,
only for a split second,
and have lost.
i don't need tomorrow.

No comments: