Saturday, November 7, 2009

tommy.


















time... you can all take your eyes and keep them on the walls.
mine, stay on the windows.

walking backwards with my thoughts closed.
laughing.
becoming. the running has made me a coward. the running
is the only thing keeping me strong.

blame the boards as i cross the tracks.
blame the country road for the miles it lacks.
i blame time. myself... if taught by mistakes,
then i am king.
i can leave right now without having learned a thing.

sick. i think.
time...
teach me how to try.
please.
tired. i think.
fuck i'm talking to myself.
please.

a gentle ghost between me and the wall,
so so warm beneath all of this.
he talks of smiles, old friends. people i once knew.
he talks so quietly, though. i can barely hear him.
voice... he sounds like me, only happy.

he sounds like tommy... what happened to that kid?
what has happened? lost. tommy.
that's what they used to call me.
i think he is still here somewhere.
i think.
hugging pillow.
no thunderous applause. no thunder. no talking. please.

help me look.

No comments: