Sunday, January 17, 2010

coward

so that when we are surrounded on all sides by darkness
and wrapped up in questions like,
"why?" and "how do we fix this?"
you will still have a love deep within you that cannot be tamed.
although it may be difficult to locate.
and i will say something like,
"we are out of practice." or "i'm not in love with our world."
"not with myself, not with most people that i encounter,
but a few that pierce me, like you,
with a strange and everlasting quality.
and that will always remain."
so that our faces will burn in fever
when that inevitable darkness finds us.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i want to wear my heartbreak with pride.
you can't take my loveless from me.
-------you can't take my late nights.
--------------so let me have them.
just take a sip of my hot chocolate,
(that was a giant sip)
and let me be with my meaningless dreams.
----------creative self-destruction?
-----nah, just creative.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,

broom. zoom. now my kitchen floor is clean.
peanuts with chocolate milk.
changing. up-staging...arranging ourselves.
re-arrange the couches
and suddenly that wall talks.
it's never spoken before, and man how excited it is.
so i fell asleep in a different living room
and dreamed of a boy and a window
that looked out onto nothing.
and i woke up to find peanuts all over my clothes.
damn. not again.
get serious for a second.

,,,,,,,,,

iamcomingthroughthefog
andiseeyourunningaway
coward
stayandfacemestayanddiscuss
themanytimesthatyouhaverun
andthemanytimesthatareyettocome
coward



No comments: